Summer arrives and you are tempted to soak under the sun. The desire to achieve a lovely bronze look becomes strong. But did you know your face and neck are the most vulnerable to sun damage while sunbathing?
So before stepping under this “ball of fire,” don’t forget sun-smart skin care. This is not some latest kit available in the market. It’s paying heed to a few tips while being outside to protect your skin from its biggest enemy— the sun.
- Always, always—use sunscreen. Keep a small sunscreen tube in your bag to meet those unpredictable urges to visit the beach.
- The only way to save your skin from sun damage is staying out of it. But you cannot miss the beautiful beaches and the joys of life, can you? Schedule your visit accordingly. Avoid the sun between 10 am and 4 pm. This is the time when ultraviolet A and B rays are at their maximum.
- If you must go out between 10 am and 4 pm, look out for shaded areas.
- Wear hats and sunglasses. These are sensible summer accessories. They look fashionable too. Use UV sunglasses.
- In case of hats, you got a huge variety ranging from Panama hats to straw ones and even baseball caps.
Cover yourself up. What? Cover in the summer! We know those tank tops and minis steal your heart in this season; but you don’t want your skin to age faster, right? Be smart. Wear a scarf over plunging necklines. This way, you protect your delicate and beautiful skin and, at the same time, make a style statement.